Tender Pork Belly with Tumeric Daikon at the Chairman Truck
Ok guys and girls, this is seriously incredibly delicious. The food served at The Chairman Truck is a discovery and a half.
We don’t know if it was the delicious buns – so fluffy – or the juicy meat and crisp veggies inside, but this handful of tasty made us want to cry. I didn’t though because i was too busy swallowing those babies whole. The buns are crafted at “Clement Restaurant” – a family owned establishment that’s been making buns in San Francisco for over 40 years. The yeast culture, imported directly from China, imparts the sweet and authentic taste, they say. The website states that they are leading the culinary leap forward and we gotta agree.
Here are some of the creative and mouth-watering dishes on offer:
- Tender Pork Belly with Turmeric Pickled Daikon & Green Shiso (my favorite)
- Coca-Cola Braised Pork with Savoy Cabbage & Preserved Yellow Mustard Seeds
- Spicy Chicken with Toasted Sesame Purée, Pickled Carrots-Cucumber & Cilantro
- Crispy Miso Cured Tofu with Garlic-Tofu Mayo & Baby Choy Sum
- Muscovy Duck Confit Terrine with Green Papaya, Orange Pickled Red Onions & Mint
- Zesty wonton chips with Togarashi spices and seaweed
It’s a funky kind of fusion of original Asian street food, and modern cuisine – both bold and unique. High end food crammed into a little truck. Who knew it could be this good?
The Chairman Truck Click here