Or Not … Your Choice. Fashion Facts Now or Never.
Some awesome non essential information that will not help you at all in your day to day life but might make standing in line a little more bearable.
1. Both the pencil skirt and the A-line skirt were designed by Frenchman Christian Dior, who is singlehandedly credited with inspiring 1950s fashion.
2. The first pair of Doc Martens were created from old tires. And they still look awesome.
3. Christian Louboutin once designed shoes with a blue sole for brides to wear something blue on their wedding day! Probably very pricey today.
4. Christian Dior was so superstitious he would ask a psychic for his fashion show date.
5. The low-waist baggy pants originated in the prisons of Los Angeles, where inmates were not allowed to wear belts to hold their pants in place and afterwards it was used to show of your Calvin Kleins. This trend was started by Marty McFly in Back to the Future one…. 🙂
6. Lacoste actually had the first logo (the croc) on a garment. And then Ed Hardy took it too far.
7. In 1860s dresses were so wide that girls and women often got stuck at the doorways.
8. When Disneyland opened in 1955, it had a lingerie store right on Main Street, called Hollywood-Maxwell Intimate Apparel. It included an animatronic figure called the Wizard of Bras. WHAT?
9. The Hermès Birkin bag is named after singer Jane Birkin. The most recent singer – Lana del Rey got her own Mulberry bag. The girl that named herself after a Ford car, said she never wants to be in the spotlight and made a commercial for H&M and Jaguar in the same year.
10. The first pair of Levi’s was sold around 1853 for $6 worth of gold dust.
More fashion stuff like this riiiight….HERE!